Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rumford Complete Cook Book by Lily Maxworth Wallace, 1925


This is one of the vintage cookbooks that I have. It was gifted to a Mrs. Helen Ober Daria(2) May 1, 1925.


 I really enjoy these older cookbooks. To think that these cookbooks were written before a time where the murmur in the kitchen wasn't "Is this processed?" "Is this organic?" "Is it gluten-free?"  

It contains recipes that are just pure food, cook and dessert indulgences. My goal is to pull a couple of recipes from this book for one whole dinner party. I think that would be pretty awesome. Note to self, make friends for a summer dinner party perhaps? Sounds nice. 


Menu


Beverages:
Iced Tea 
Iced Coffee in Perfection


Cocktail:
Claret Punch with Sky Vodka 
   *ok, the sky voddie is not 1925s and I don't drink - but I imagine my guests would enjoy it


Dinner:
Baked Brown Bread
Macaroni au Gratin
Beefsteak Pie
Chicken a'la Stanley
NOTE: There is a recipe here  for Potted Pigeons ...I'm just saying

Fruit and Nut Salad
Cucumber Sandwiches


Dessert:
Sea  Foam and Fairy Cones


That's my list, probably not the healthiest endeavor but boy! would it be quite an indulgence! 
New to my bookstore! - I just added the Rumford Cookbook and other Vintage Cookbooks. As I find more interesting vintage cookbooks I will add them to my bookstore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment