Monday, June 25, 2012

Eight Cousins by Louisa M. Alcott print 1904

This book is a 1904 print - with the illustrations. I've done some research on it but I will have to update on that later when I get more concrete information.
Eight Cousins or the Aunt-Hill by Louisa M.Alcott with Illustrations
What I am curious about is the inner leaf has a note from the author, which I'm not sure was a standard print in this book or it was actually signed. I really want to find that out. I've looked around but have not found a copy with in this era to compare. 



"To the many boys and girls whos letters it has been impossible to answer, this book is dedicated as a peace offering by their friend - L.M. Alcott"

2 comments:

  1. I just purchased an 1891 edition of Eight Cousins with the same note! I was hoping it was actually signed by Louisa, but the handwriting in my book looks exactly like yours. In my search, I found someone selling a "signed" edition for $3,000!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just purchased a 1917 copy of the book with the same inscription inside. What have you found out? Thanks, Don

    ReplyDelete